Booking Procedures & Payment
- For new bookings, an invoice will be sent via email after your trial lesson. Full payment must be settled before the first lesson to confirm your child’s space in the class.
- For renewal bookings, full payment must be paid by the requested date to confirm your child’s space. We offer priority to our current customers for class spaces in the new term, however, we regret that we cannot hold spaces if payment is not received by the set deadline and your place will be given to a customer on our waiting list.
- Term payment is made to secure your child’s place within the class, deductions cannot be made to the term payment due to lessons that cannot be attended.
- Payments for lessons can be made by BACS transfer, cheque made payable to Higgins Aquatics, or cash.
Cancelled Lessons & Refunds
- Any lessons missed are non-refundable. If for any reason, you need to miss a swimming lesson an alternative lesson can be attended if agreed by Megan or Seamus. Alternative lessons, however, cannot always be guaranteed due to many of our classes being at full capacity and may be offered at an alternative location to your usual lesson.
- If for any reason, Higgins Aquatics needs to cancel a swimming lesson, the lesson will be refunded the following week or can be credited towards a new term.
- If a participant is unable to continue swimming lessons for medical reasons within a term, a refund will be issued for the future lessons in the term only.
Photography & Recording
- The taking of photographs or videos is strictly prohibited at all of our lessons in line with Higgins Aquatics safeguarding procedures. We will reserve the right to ask for any photos and videos taken to be deleted. Under no circumstances will photography be permitted in the changing facilities or toilet areas of the pools.
- If you wish to take a photo of your child, please inform the lead instructor, prior to the lesson and if agreed they can assist in ensuring no other children are captured in the image.
- In accordance with Swim England guidelines, any images taken by Higgins Aquatics for marketing purposes will be done with the written permission of the parent/guardian.
Venue & Poolside Health & Safety
- Higgins Aquatics only hires the pool area at all of our locations, other areas of the grounds are strictly prohibited. Under no circumstances are playgrounds to be used.
- Neither the venue or Higgins Aquatics can be held responsible for any incidents that occur outside of the pool.
- Parents /Guardians are responsible for the safe supervision of any children brought along at all times: on poolside, in the changing rooms and on the pool premises. They should always be under direct supervision of an adult and never left unattended.
- It is mandatory that all children must wear a swimming hat when in the water, these can be purchased from us or bought elsewhere.
- Pool closures do occur occasionally at short notice and we notify parents/guardians via text and email, so please keep us updated with your mobile number and e-mail address.
- Parents/Guardians should remain on poolside throughout the duration of the swimming lesson.
- You must always adhere to the venues pool rules displayed on poolside.
- Pool equipment is there for teacher use only and must not be moved.
- No food or drink is permitted on poolside.
- At Grand Avenue, round the back of the pool is out of bounds for anyone other than teachers. Spectators are only allowed where the chairs are.
- At Aberdour, shoe covers must be worn on poolside or your shoes must be removed.
Changing room etiquette
• If you have a child that needs help getting changed please can you ensure that the child gets changed in the changing room that is appropriate to the adult.
- Higgins Aquatics cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss of property at any of our sites, please ensure that your child collects all of his/her belongings from the changing rooms before leaving.
- If you discover you have left something behind, please contact us as soon as possible and we will do our best to locate any left behind property.
• At the end of each term, swimmers will be tested for ASA swim badges. A badge and certificate may be awarded only where regular attendance has been recorded.
Should you decide to enrol with Higgins Aquatics Swim School you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
We may occasionally make changes to our terms and conditions, you will be notified of any changes via email and a most up to date version can always be found on our website.